General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Do Not Allow Retailers To Take Over Wheedle - like they have with TM

I have noticed with TM that retailers have hijacked the site - the suggestion for this lies in the prompt "Would you buy New or Used?' Then there is the imagery going along with the prompt that depicts second hand goods, in a shabby light.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestions! We really appreciate your feedback and are working hard to make Wheedle a great site for all New Zealanders so we really appreciate your feedback

• 4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Search & browsing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • sear

Your search engine needs to revamped. It is second rate and needs to be a lot simpler. Your low listing prices are great but people are impatient and if they can't search for what they SPECIFICALLY WANT WITH EASE they will quickly go back to TM because it is quick and simple. I think your strategy is wrong. People are creatures of habit, they will go to what they know because they are used to it or because it is convenient.
        eg. If a petrol station is 5k's further away from your home and offers cheaper fuel then the one…

4 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Search & browsing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there. Thank you for your suggestions. I have passed having more options in vehicle listings on to our development team for their consideration.

We appreciate your feedback, so any other suggestions you have please let us know!

Thanks
          Wheedle team

• Please place yourself more in the general Media's eye to compete with Trademe

Having just joined Wheedle I am highly motivated by your favourable fees structure to list but put off by one big problem and that is your lower viewing stats in online ads overall compared to TM. I feel you need to do more to get into the general NZ mass media's eye to promote yourself. When news items about "unwanted Christmas gifts" come on the radio or TV, TM is mentioned as of natural right but Wheedle is ignored. You have an ad campaign but it obviously hasn't hit the mark. You can deal TM a major blow in the…

43 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • GIVE PEOPLE A REASON TO TALK ABOUT YOUR SITE... THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA

Greate an app with easy to use -search, -listing with.uploading and paypal to buy items. A huge mistake is making it free to list an item- most people will think if something is worth doing you have to pay for it. So the mind automatically thinks if its free there is a catch. Another mistake is the name WHY? WHEEDLE??? We are here to trade so my neuro associations tell me TRADE ME.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Ban ip ranges of known scammer countries.

Ban ip address ranges of countries where scammers are known to operate. I.e Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Ukraine, Russia, Romania.

4 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Management

The problem with TM is that they have become to corporate and don't care about the person. It they don't like you for whatever reason they kick you out. No reason. I sure many have had this problem. They are very prejudice because they hold market share. I hope Wheedle will change all this. New Zealanders need to be aware they have some where else to go other than TM.

5 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion – we are working had to be a fair, easy and fun to use site for all New Zealanders, so your feedback is greatly appreciated.

• Show to whom you are making fixed price offers, it helps identify time wasters.

Show to whom you are making fixed price offers, it helps identify time wasters. Just doing it blindly is not good enough.

21 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Selling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Make it easier to list My Products from scratch

Making My Products is a nightmare, importing csv files is hopeless if you are NOT importing your exported from TM, to start new ones is a real mission? I give up, it's complicated and it will stop most people using it I believe. I am totally familiar with TM My Products but this is crazy. There isn't even a photo upload, you need to list the photo names and then later when you try to edit My Products the photo name box is gone.

Sorry but I know TM very well and make websites and I still don't have the…

2 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, thank you for your suggestions. Our customer support team is happy to help you if you have any queries about using My Products. Thank you for giving us a go! We really appreciate your feedback and suggestions.

• well done

I would like to compliment wheedle on their sensitivity and algorithmic wisdom, good will come I am sure!

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • email address for an auction winner: please make it hot (a url)

when an auction sells the gui changes correctly, could the email address for an auction winner: please make it hot (a url)

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Selling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • 4 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, Thank you for your suggestion! We do not currently have a place to list service, but this has been suggested by another member and has been passed on to our development team for consideration. Hopefully this feature will be available on the site soon.

Thanks for your feedback – we really appreciate it.

• Fixed price offer to watchers when the original buyer/bidder fail to complete the sale

There have been a number of cases where buyers win my auction but fail to complete the sale so other watchers lose their opportunity to show their interest to buy. If there is a option where you can still offer a product to other watchers when the original auction/sale goes nowhere with the original intended buyers/bidders.

6 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Selling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Make it possible to search your own watchlist.

My husband always has HEAPS of things on his watchlist (most of the time he is dreaming...) but when he wants to show me something or look at a particular listing again he has to trawl through 10 pages of items on his watchlist before he can find it!

Please please please make a search bar in the watchlist part so we can search for things in our own watchlists and not waste time going through every page again.

Thanks and good luck!

7 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there – thank you very much for your feedback! This is a really great idea – I have passed it on to our development team for their consideration. Keep your eyes out – this could be added to the site in the future! If you have any more great suggestions, we would love to hear them

• I would love this site to Thrive. Do This:

I'm a member, I would love this site to Thrive. TM has increased it's fees ridiculously since it's launch. Two Suggestions:
                                1. Let everyone bring their rating from another site (trademe/ebay); (this could be done by placing a unique code on one of our auctions there) I think this alone would get media attention free!

2. Although much harder to do now: Wheedle?? ...Does not roll off the tongue. A catchier name would have helped majorly in the beginning (and STILL could if possible...). This would also catch media attention for free. I'd seriously invest in this company with these…

19 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Using a status filter, have a categories filter for shops

this is perhaps planned or awkward, but would greatly encourage shopping

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Search & browsing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • won

Can there be an improvement for support for successful wins..there are no links on the won auction for refund, complaints about seller, etc.

I have a bad feeling about an auction I won 5 days ago....I have not got replies from 2 friendly emails so decided to browse for "complaining". It was disappointing to follow through on the help topics to discover the 2 options were to apply to the "tribunal" and to give feedback on the robber. That brings tit for tat and works against me! The auction has only cost me some $20 and not bothered with my…

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Emails & notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • rethink your business model

a pretty mousetrap is not a better mousetrap. The clue here is "Where do people in NZ trade outside Trademe and why" .. you have not identified that niche.

3 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion – we are working had to be a fair, easy and fun to use site for all New Zealanders, so your feedback is greatly appreciated.

• I reckon there is room in NZ for a second hand book marketplace, and Wheedle could be it.

And some targeted marketing would help, perhaps targeting existing second hand bricks and mortar book shops. How about write to them by snail mail. Most books sell slowly and for not a large amount. Wheedle's fee structure, no limit on free listing numbers, free 14 day listings and free multi photos are all attractive to book sellers. However, saved searches would need to be in place as plenty of people are looking for specific books or authors. The other site is overwhelmed by a few huge listers of new books which puts people off searching.

8 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there – thank you for your suggestions! We really appreciate your feedback. We are looking at a few different options, and we value your input. Any other suggestion, please let us know.

• 2 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base